Saturday, May 19, 2007

Liz Strauss & Tammy Lenski: Tips for Women at Work

Sometimes you meet someone that you really admire. Right away. As soon as the first words out of her mouth. Sometimes there are two someones that you meet at the same time.

That's how I felt last Friday night when I met Liz Strauss & Tammy Lenski at a conference in Chicago. Two intelligent and caring women that really "get it."

A week later, I'm not surprised to find some really great, timely info from the two of them:

Tammy: What advice would you give women about engaging conflict effectively in a corporate setting?

Liz: Someone recently asked me what I wish I knew when I first started working I said this: It doesn’t matter how good you are, if no one wants to work with you. For conflict situations I would add that the second you feel righteous, you are wrong in some very big way. If you can only see the problem and not the other person, you need to find someone who can help you see more.

This is quoted directly from a published interview of Liz Strauss, an educational publisher who is a writer, career coach and strategic planner from Chicago, conducted by Dr. Tammy Lenski, a professional mediator from New Hampshire.

You can read the entire interview right here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Chris, just found this other site of yours via the trackback. What a terrific site and I'm looking forward to spending more time here, wandering through the material.

I had the same instant liking of you when we met at SOBCon. I'm really looking forward to us staying in touch and I'm interested in interviewing you for one of my other blogs...I'll be in touch once my huge June business travel stretch is done!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Wow! Chris, I was so sick right after the conference and I was off to my son's gradutation from Georgetown . . .

I'm so sorry I just discovered this. That you would say such nice things and I would just now find them. Wow! Thank you.

You are yourself one in a million. You know that? Really.
Liz

Chris Brown said...

Tammy & Liz:
It was a real pleasure getting to know you both in Chicago and I'm so glad you've shared some of your insights on line.

Thanks for being so real on line as well as "offline"!
Chris