Thursday, April 19, 2007

Transitioning from School to Career - Some Help

I just got back from an awesome conference in Chicago by Athena International. It was dedicated to advancing women's leadership roles. One thing I learned is "giving back" and "paying it forward" can make a big difference in someone's life.

I know first hand what a difference it makes when you've got a helping hand. If you're trying to transition to grow to the next level --from high school to college ,from college to career or from a first job to a bigger role -- having someone point out the steps, give suggestions and encouragement make a BIG DIFFERENCE.

So, to try to help young women with their transitions, I've asked some of the women I met at the conference to share their wisdom, their insights, hints and tips for helping other women along the way.

In the next few weeks I'll be posting suggestions, photos, encouragement and words of wisdom. This could be a great place to find those job hunting tips and even network to find your next job! Keep watching.

I remember how it was when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up.
Chris Brown

No comments: