During the evening, a panelist of successful women leaders discussed business, getting started, the difference women make as leaders, and key qualities of a leader in a “Distinctive & Transforming Approach to Leadership” discussion.
Shown from right to left in this photo:
- Denise Fugo, President & CEO of Sammy's, famous for weddings, banquets, meetings and catering in Cleveland.
- Debra Adams Simmons, managing editor of the Plain Dealer and board member of ATHENA International
- Rita Singh, owner of S&A Consulting Group, organizer/host of the event and the advocate who brought the ATHENA Award to India.
- Martha Mayhood Mertz, founder of ATHENA International, an organization dedicated to honoring, developing and supporting women leaders
- Barbara J. Danforth, president of the Greater Cleveland Chapter of the YWCA and 2005 ATHENA Award recipient
- Margaret W. Wong, Cleveland immigration lawyer and national law specialist