Considering an internship? You'll want to read the this recent study of 125 companies internship practices and pay rates in this 42 page PowerPoint report of the 2009 study.
Created by the Employers Resource Council and Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education, it was designed to provide Northeast Ohio employers with important information regarding internship employment practices to help them better attract, retain and develop new talent that will stimulate their long-term growth and success. I think that it also can help interns better understand what a company is looking for and how the process works.
It includes answers to questions like:
- What are the primary reasons the organizations use interns?
- What is the benefit to the organization?
- How much do organizations pay?
- What are the non-pay benefits that interns get?
- How do companies find the interns?
Check out the 2009 ERC / NOCHE Internship Pay Rates & Practices Survey.