Thursday, May 07, 2009

The 600 Seconds That Can Make All the Difference at a Job Interview

First impressions count! And even more so at a job interview.

You can improve your odds of success by mentally rehearsing the first 10 minutes.

Walk through your posture, your handshake, your accessories and especially your answers to the most common questions traditionally asked at the beginning of each interview. Practice. Practice. Practice.

What are those most common questions? No, I don't mean questions about the weather or if you had trouble finding the location.

Find them here in the 10 Biggest Minutes of Your Interview article. Thanks to executive recruiter Jim Walton at Black in Business for leading me to this article.

1 comment:

JD said...

Chris, thank you for the shout out. I hope many of your readers will enjoy this article. In the days when I sold medical instruments, I felt that the opening of the call would set the tone for the opportunity. I knew the first words out of my mouth had to be smooth and to the point.The interview is a sale as well and we are the product