Each job will become a stepping stone in your career advancement, so if you plan it out with a bit of strategy you may find that getting to the next level doesn't take as long.
Questions to ask yourself as you plan your marketing strategy:
- What skills do need to I learn that could help me advance?
- How can I get visability with people who could connect me?
- How can I help other people who are looking for advancement?
- When people think of local "superstars" in my field, who do they mention?
- What groups or organizations do those superstars belong to?
This link Women's Networking Organizations has a list of many women's organizations that may be helpful. Volunteering, getting on a committee and working hard to prove your value will help you to get visability. Try to select an organization that someone who is considered a superstar in your field is actively involved with and begin to build your reputation as a solid team player.
Remember "what goes around, comes around". Be sure to thank the other members of the team, send handwritten notes, and follow up.