Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Elephants Can't Change...


Although I've been out of corporate America for more than 10 years now, I sure appreciated all the stories in "Elephants can't change... but Leopards Can" by Michelle Griffin. Lots of familiar stories that I think anyone who has experienced life in a large corporation can relate to -- a real life study of organizational dynamics.

My suggestion for "Real Women -- Real Careers" readers? Trying to whip an elephant who is stuck in his ways can be really difficult and will sap your energy. When you're in career transition look for organizations that are nimble, forward thinking and quick -- not slow, lumboring and in the "that's the way we do it here" rut.

If you get a chance, read thru Michelle's book - I think you'll like it.

No comments: