Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kathleen Grandfield's Career Combines Chocolate & Jewelry


Kathleen Grandfield's career choices has led her to combine two of her passions: chocolate & jewelry. What's not to love!?!

A gifted jewelry designer, she conceived her first handcrafted line after collecting vintage jewelry while living and working in London. She recently moved Chocolatecture and Red Texture Jewelry Designs to the Houston, Texas Area.

You can view more of her jewelry and chocolate designs at her company's website: www.kathleengrandfield.com.

Or you may want to ask her a question at her blog: La Vida Cocoa.

I just think that it's super to find a way to combine your passions to find the work you love, so I wanted to interview Kathleen as a guest here at Real Women -- Real Careers.

I was able to ask her a few questions about her career to help other women who are considering something similar.

What is the best thing about your job?: The best thing about my job is the enjoyment of being able to use my imagination to create designs in two different mediums. By consolidating both businesses under one website I am able to pursue and market both careers I am passionate about.

What's the best advice you ever got?: The best advice I ever got was to “Invest in Myself”.

Do you have any words of wisdom to other women?: To young women who are embarking on a career path I would recommend doing a Mind Map. Recognize your strengths and passions. Be true to Yourself! Also if possible hire a career coach to guide you and give you seasoned advice and empowerment tools.

For those older women faced with life’s challenging twists and turns, have perseverance and never be afraid to “Re-invent” youself. And remember….it’s never too late to achieve your dreams.


No comments: